Saturday, October 1, 2011

Project Runway: Judges say what??

Alright, either I am off my "fashion" rocker,or the judges this week really were crazy. I just don't get the judging this week. We have another Gretchen (from last season) on our hands with Bert, and I tell you this right now if he somehow wins this season I may have to be done watching the show. I mean if you heard the critique from the judges and then had to match it with the designs I would bet you would get them all wrong. I said "what?!?" out loud several times while watching. Oh and how in the world Viktor didn't win or even get the pity win, is beyond me. Piperlime, you need a new buyer, cause your buyer (the guest judge this week) has no idea what looks good. So let's break it down shall we?

 Anya walked away the winner this week. She did a pretty good job. I feel a little like she is a one hit wonder, even though I like her stuff and I think she has some great style (except the moo-moo she wore during judging) I just feel like she makes the same thing over and over again so I would love to see what she would do with a whole collection. Oh and loosing her money and having to make the first outfit with 11 dollars... Impressive, it does make me curious what she planned to make or would have made if she had all of her money. (incase you are wondering the second look is a jumper,and those are pant legs not a skirt)
 The pity win this week or second win went to Bert. Now if you didn't see the show you are probably looking at this train wreck that is Bert's design and wondering how the heck did that win? Don't worry, even if you saw the show you would likely be thinking the same thing. I am starting to feel like Bert is buying his way to the top with the judges. Heidi said about the first look "I do love the fabric" Nina said "I would buy that top and I would wear it" Nina, I would like you to eat your words. Your taste is far to classy to ever be caught dead in the mess of that top. Not to mention the lack of even a hint of modern style. Those shorts?? That, what is is a tie wrap skirt??? Come on, this whole thing is hideous and there is no way (no way) a hip modern woman would be caught dead in that. Also the popular question from the judges is "where is this woman going" Why didn't they ask that? I would love to know where this woman is going. (besides a roller derby) The second look? Yes that would be the one that you can buy at piperlime. Why? All I can figure is that Bert put some metal aglets (or we assume he did it) on the end of the rope that is the belt, the judges got distracted by something shiny and didn't notice that the dress is poorly sewn and ugly.Ok I am done.
 Anthony Ryan is the one that went home this week. This actually makes me sad. I like Anthony Ryan he is sweet and kind and I think he is a really good designer. I wasn't crazy about the vest he made this week or the skirt that was too tight and too short, but I like that shirt a lot, I like the print and the stripe down the back, and no Heidi and Nina I don't think they look like boring girls. I don't know why they kept saying that his maxi dress looked like a tent, but Anya's jumper was not a tent and in fact the winner. I don't think he should have been the one to go this week.
 Viktor was robbed this week. His looks are amazing, I would wear everything, especially that jacket and I LOVED the tee he made under it. His looks are so clean and refined and different from what everyone else did (enough with the jumpers people) The judges loved his outfits. The only negative thing they had to say is that the tee and jacket should have not been together. They loved both pieces but not together they thought the sex was missing. I think they are wrong. AN outfit doesn't always have to show all the goods to be sexy, the cut of the jacket and fit of the pants and the snake skin pattern on the tee is all the "sex" this outfit needs (in my opinion) He reminds me of Mondo, which means he will likely be robbed in the end as well and make all the fans upset.
 Laura was in trouble this week besides the fact that Tim told her that Nina doesn't like her and somewhat has it out for her, the prints didn't really go together. They look weird and I really don't love the skirt. I do love the top though, I like the chevron print that she did herself and I like the back a lot, it's interesting and cool. The second look I like a lot. It's a jumper which I am a little tired of, but it doesn't look like a jumper which I like. I like the top with the burnout chevron print and the shear layer to the pants. The judges? Well they hate everything. They kept saying it wouldn't photograph well for online shopping... um shouldn't it look good on a person? Who cares about a photo, it looks fine in the picture above. And again how will Anya's jumper photograph better than Laura's?
Then there is Joshua. The first look is the worst thing I may have ever seen, that shirt is so ugly and those pants make that poor girl look so weird, I agree a wide leg may have helped save the look a little, but that shirt is still horrible. Now the judges also hated the dress, I actually like the dress, I like the print, I like the design, the fit is great and it looks good on the model. I still think that he should have been the one to go home since he made what I feel is the ugliest thing this week and he does seem to copy other people's designs rather than making his own.

SO what were your thoughts this week? Did you think the judges were crazy or spot on?

No comments:

Post a Comment