Monday, October 3, 2011

Knit Corsage Top

Dear Camera,
I love you dearly, you are worth every penny. I just wish you could warn me that I am deleting files I don't want deleted before I do so. You know like if you could read my mind and zap my finger as I select "yes" delete all of the pictures on this camera, the 500 I did upload and the 45 I did not. Fear not, I still love you dearly and forgive you for letting me be so dumb and take it out on you.
Sincerely,
A "Shwin" with half a post

 My intention today was to share how to make the shirt it's self, and some handy little tricks of working with knit. (one of my favorite fabrics to work with) However... some one (ahem myself) deleted pictures of the shirts construction so instead I will just share a half a post. You see I love/am seriously addicted to the circle blossom flower thing. I just love the texture. I especially love a mix of colors. Do you want to know a fun and easy way to get a perfect blend of colors?
 cut the circles out of tie dye. You see I hate tie dye. I may be alone on this hatred and I am ok with that. It's just not for me. Well my super nice mom likes to buy me tee shirts and other things she finds on clearance places when she thinks I could use the fabric. (she is always thinking of me that way it's swell) So she got this tank at target for dirt cheap and I have to admit when I saw it a cringed a little. However, I thought it would be a fun challenge to use tie dye somehow in a way that I would like it. So I started with the circle flowers.
 I cut out a nice pile of circles from the tank (plenty left over for another project someday) and I got to work. I made them just like I did HERE
 I made a nice little cluster up at the top shoulder for a little corsage effect.
 It added some great texture and a pop of color. You may also notice I cut two leaf shapes out of the green of the tie dye and stitched them on with some embroidery floss.
It's a great way to jazz up an old shirt or to embellish a new one.
(oh and I promise the cuff lesson for sewing 101 will come... even though the series is over)

No comments:

Post a Comment