Saturday, October 15, 2011

Project Runway: The final Challenge

Well the end is near. This week was the final challenge on Project Runway. They decided to send 4 of the 5 remaining to fashion week, although we have seen them cut it down to 3 the week of final show, so we will see if all 4 show at fashion week or not. I agree with most of their judging this week, but not all of it... So let's break it down shall we?
 Who did the Judges LOVE LOVE LOVE this week? Anya. Here is the deal, when I was watching the show, it really didn't bother me at all that the girl needs help sewing, frankly they harp on that way too much and I feel like this week they were trying to point it out a little too much. I don't even really care that her dresses were obviously hard to wear somehow, or hard to get into. Even Tim said then dress will have to come with an instruction manual, so do infinity scarves, and they are fabulous but they instruct people how to wear them. SO I am not bothered by any of that, I do however find all the designs, well boring. The white one did change my mind a little when I saw the pictures and could get a better view, but the red and black one just seem like fabric thrown on the model, and well boring. Anya didn't even seem to be confident in her looks this week. That is until the Judges told her they were great. Don't get me wrong, I really like Anya and I think she was created some great things, this just really bored me. I am glad that she is showing at fashion week though.
 Joshua is also moving on. I didn't really care for his looks this week. The grey gown looks like a statue of liberty wanna be, the middle look is really unflattering on the girl, and Joshua needs to be done with the circle skirt like the other designers need to be done with the jumpsuit. The white dress I liked and the back was cool, but the rest of the looks all just blah. I also am just not a huge fan of Joshua, he is just too big headed for my liking.
 Victor was cursed for being commercial this week. I agree, he is commercial, he is designing looks each week that I want to buy right now. Except the black dress that has a weird bubble at the hip, which I think it part of the design? I love the other too looks. I am glad that he is making it to fashion week, I am always excited to see what he comes up with even if it is commercial. He knows what women want.
 Kimberly was the last one chosen to move on this week. I actually liked her collection so I am glad that she gets to move on. There were a few issues with her jacket, but I really do love the design, and color, maybe her model could have been a little cleaner and classier looking and it would have helped it from looking frumpy. I loved the dress even if it does remind me a lot of the top she made for the Nina challenge (fabric and all) I liked the top then and I like the dress now. The skirt is interesting. I kind of agree with Laura that it looks like a goiter is sticking out the side, but I don't hate it, it's just well interesting... I look forward to seeing what she comes up with for the final show.
Laura was the one sent home this week. I do feel bad since she wanted this so bad, but I think everyone does honestly they just didn't cry about it. The only design I really like here is the jacket, which the judges hated. I think the dress is cool, but there were all sorts of fit issues there so it was a bit of a train wreak. And the night gown dress was pretty horrible. Overall it was her time I guess, the only one I think was in a "tie" with Laura for going home (in my opinion) was Joshua, but the judges clearly love him so I guess it is Laura.

SO what were your thoughts? Are you happy with the top 4? Do you have an old favorite you wish were there instead? Do you think all 4 will show at fashion week?

No comments:

Post a Comment