Monday, October 31, 2011

Project Runway: The Finale!

Ok it's a little late. Project Runway wrapped on Thursday but, better late than never. So you have surely seen by now Anya is the winner of season 9. I am still not sure how I feel about this. I mean I love Anya, she is super sweet, kind to everyone, and talented. She has a clear design, and she knows her client. I just don't feel like she had the best collection... So let's break it down...

 Anya started out with a bang. I LOVED the first dress that blue beauty is just lovely, the cut, the flow. I love it all and at first I was really blown away because if you remember how her sample show was the week before she was really struggling. On the home visit she didn't have anything sewn. Nothing, and then she made half the collection in the time she had just before the show. It is crazy pants what that girl can whip out. I think it showed a little weak though, since everything was just kind of fabric thrown on a model and flowing down the body. Not a lot of diversity and that tan dress (furthest to the right) it just looked like a hot mess and out of place with the line. It seemed kind of stiff didn't move well and seemed raw around the edges.
 As her line progressed I found pieces that I really liked, like the first three from left to right. Then came the black and gold dress with a funky collar, it didn't do much for me. Then there was was the final gown. It was blah and tent like and the only redeeming factor was the back which I was surprised that no one commented about the fact that it is basically identical to the gown Kimberly made and showed the week before, Anya made this after that I seriously it is like she copied the design simply because the judges loved Kimberly's dress. Still though, I really like Anya, and elements of her designs were really great.
 Joshua was the only other one in the running according to the judges (crazy in my mind) Sorry if you liked this and even more sorry if you loved this because I hated Joshua's collection. The blue "drape" dress looked like a blue potato sack, there was no form no fancy drape, nothing. The second look, I hated the print, and vest. I did really like the blue and gray stripe but that's only because I really like stripes. I can't even explain the lime green messes, those shorts? Are you kidding me?
 The second portion of the collection was a completely different collection. Plastic and weirdness. A skirt that makes that poor models hips look like she just gave birth to 5 kids. and that last gown, it looks like she is wearing a hefty garbage bag. So how he was being seriously considered as a winner, is beyond me, I must be really out of touch with fashion, because I did not get this... ok the black dress second from the left is the only saving grace. It's not so bad.
 Victor got dismissed pretty quickly. I can see why, as much as I really love Victor and really wish he would have kept it together, the judges scared him and he re-did half his line... Big mistake. The first pieces here I really like. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that white jacket. I like the prints, I like the tailoring. I miss the dress that he cut from his first showing, and wish I could have seen the other pieces he cut since I am sure they were great as well...
 Then he has this second part of the show. (they were intermixed with the collection I separated them by type)I actually liked the first two gowns, I agree maybe the first gown should have been lined, but the flow and movement was really pretty on the runway, and the second gown had some cool elements. The other three looks though, kind of too bad really.
 So who got robbed? In my opinion it is Kimberly. I really liked her line. Which surprised me since I have not been a very big fan of Kimberly, but her collection was so polished, her design was clear, her pieces were unique and fresh, without being crazy. She knows her girl, and she transitioned really well from piece to piece starting really casual and building her way up to a gown. I love all of her pieces and would love to have most of them.
Then ending of her line was may favorite I love that bright kaleidoscope gown, and that white outfit? I love that sheerness of that top and her pants are always so great. I like the bubble but skirt, and that white top is so cute. The black top and pink pants are not my favorite, but the gown was sleek and I do love the sparkle. So in the end I was sad that Kimberly was the first to be dismissed, I really think she could of won. I thought her collection was strong.

So what were your thoughts? Were you happy about the outcome? Love the show hate the show? Are you excited for the behind the seams this Thursday?
Let's hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment