Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sketch Tee

 Jude is quite the little artist. He loves drawing monsters the most. Since one of the shirts I was going to make him was based on a monster sketch sewn on to the shirt, I thought what better than to let the little artist have at it and make his own doodle for the shirt.
 It's super easy to make and it's a great way for a proud 4 year old to show off his favorite art.
 Here is the quick rundown on how to do this. First Jude drew a picture of a monster. Then I scanned it into the computer (something I do for most of his art to keep digital copies) Then I opened it up and printed it out on photo transfer paper. Then simply cut out around the image.
 Then iron the image down on the fabric of your choice. I used jersey knit again, since it is my go to fabric.
 Once it is cool remove the paper backing and there you have your image. Cut around the image and you have a patch.
 Then I simply sewed around the edge. Quick and easy.
 A new shirt showcasing your kids fantastic drawings. (this can totally be done in color, Jude's drawing just happened to be in black and white.
 One more shirt down, even if Jude was a little tired of modeling the shirts... not even M&M's helped me out...
Don't forget to share any of your tee shirt creations in the flickr group!

No comments:

Post a Comment