Monday, August 8, 2011

Project Runway: Wee-wee pad runway

It's that time again. Project Runway Recap. No it wasn't actually called wee-wee pad runway it was My Pet Project, but for the amount of times wee-wee pads was said it could have just as easily been called that. The show over all? A little less than inspiring. The season so far has been a bit of a snooze fest, I am waiting for someone anyone to show us something new, or cool. So let's get down to it...

 The winner: Ok Oliver, I like you, I think you are a fine person. I agree with Bert, you are sure of your design, and you are classy. (I especially appreciate the longer skirt) That being said... Why oh Why did you win? You used a dog bed. The wood chip skirt is pretty cool I guess but over all it looks a little heavy on the model and those eyebrows?? Don't even get me started... And judges how is it that a thin strip of saran wrap made this modern? I am talking to you Nina... Oliver, I still love you.
 The Looser: Joshua, it was time. I am sorry you seem like a nice guy but you certainly can not design well under pressure. I like it best when Michael Kors said: "It looks like you have a top for nursing triplets." Thank you Michael, I agree it would make a fine nursing top. Over all though it was safe boring, and really kind of ugly. But it fits well so hat's off to you Joshua.
 My favorites: Let's start with Anthony. This could also go in the What the Heck section since I am stunned it didn't win. This is pretty, flattering, creative and well done. Come on people it is bird seed. Not some dog bed. Yes it is a tad short...ok really short but so was everything else on that runway. When did short become an issue with the judges? The birdseed looks like feathers and beadwork all together I love it. So well done Anthony you were robbed and if Heidi had what it took to stand up to Nina you would have won.
 Next up Thank You Julie! You have proven that you can design. You weren't in the top sure, but I think this was one of the most unique dressed with an actual design to it and not something we have seen a thousand times only this time it was made out of hamster bedding. I really liked this even if it was a little stiff.
 Speaking of things we have seen a thousand times but they are made out of something else... I do have to say I do really like Viktor's look here. What he did with those wee-wee pads was really something great. It looks supportive and well made and the dye job is really pretty. So it may be a short tight tube dress which is nothing new but it is still pretty.
 Lastly the What the Heck?? Oh Bert... What happened? DO you want to win this? I get it pet stores are not your thing but please tell me you are creative. Is this really the best you could make out of dog beds? Others found more interesting fabric to work with what happened here? Immunity saved his but, but man oh man I hope I see something great next week or all faith may have been lost here...
 Oh man the tissue dress. Bryce, what were you thinking? Besides giggling every time you said wee-wee pads. I agree with the judges here another boring napkin dress... only this time it is wee-wee pads... the top is horrible! What is that? But really what landed this in the what the heck section this week is the styling... what was he thinking? Is it beach wear? I am just confused about the sunglasses all together.
Lastly Fallene. Oh man this was the most boring look I have seen for a long time. Not to mention it looks like some kind of 70's home-ec project. No form horrid colors, it's just bad. I feel for her since everyone thought this was her specialty. It seems every season there is one unconventional designer who bombs the unconventional challenge... is it the pressure?

So what were your thoughts? Are you loving the season? Hating it? Who is your favorite designer?

No comments:

Post a Comment