Saturday, August 27, 2011

Project Runway: Off the Track

Project runway this week was weird. They have done "athletic" challenges in the past and I always think they are odd. The designers all seem lost on these challenges. This one in particular Heidi gave some odd instructions, I was confused with what they were supposed to make of design. I think they were trying to "not hold them back" but then in judging they always want something ver specific. It was just odd. However I agreed with the judges for the most part when it came to the Judging. 
Also talk about a dull week... I want to go to mood and throw away all the grey fabric, dye and trim. I mean I love grey but enough already...
This week was a team challenge (with lots of drama) and there were two winners (three if you count the return of Joshua a win) The wins went to the team leaders which was likely not fair...(in my opinion)
So let's get down to it...

 Winner: Joshua got a win for this dress. I was kind of shocked. SO Joshua caused a lot of drama on his team, problems and did not himself make or design something the judges liked. Anya designed this dress (shocker I know all of her designs look like this) Becky sewed the dress (shocker right? I love Anya but can she sew a garment?) Joshua got the win... hmmm I am just not sure why...
 Winner: Viktor won for this dress and really and truly I love this look. I don't think it is terribly fashion forward, or new or exciting. However I love the dress the jacket the whole look and I would totally wear this. He was the team lead, and his whole team did pretty well. So I say it is a fair win.
 Loser: Sweet Danielle went home this week. I think she is a talented seamstress but I think we saw all the design we were going to get from her. However hers was not the worst and so I do think she could have made it through to the next week.

The rest of them:

 Here is team Anthony Ryan. I love Anthony Ryan and I really like Laura. (although I am starting to wonder why) Call me crazy but I really liked Laura's top. The cross in back was cute. But boy howdy did the judges hate it. The shorts were a hot mess, and the vest just looks sad to me, but I think Heidi threw them off when she came to visit... who knows. Then there is the train wreck that is Anthony Ryan's garment. I think he had something cool going with the geek goddess like drape and then Heidi didn't like what she saw and he gave up or something since this thing was just ugly. Lastly Bert. Oh Bert. I used to like you. Then you became all negative, and I don't like your designs and I totally agree that she looks like a cocktail waitress on the way to work and she took comfort over style on the shoes. just bad.
 Team Bryce: This team had some issues. Nothing major in my mind but all a little dull. The judges loved Bryce's dress. It's fine, I like the shape but the darts are kind of weirs and pulling funny on the model. Danielle's look was just boring, and ordinary but the judges ripped her a new one that's for sure. Then there is Kimberly's look. For a girl who can make a killer pant the shorts were pretty bad. The jacket was cute but Danielle made that (yeah the girl who went home made the cute jacket) I guess I found the whole collection kind of boring...
 Team Viktor: Besides the fact that the whole collection is grey and that is a bit more than boring. I loved this one on the runway. (except the middle skirt) Viktor's dress and jacket were great. Oliver did the skirt and shirt, which looks just as boring and frumpy as everything he has made so far, why the judges seem to like him is beyond me. Then the return of Joshua when Cecilia dropped out brought forth this outfit. I LOVE the top. I know it's a little strange maybe but I would totally wear this. I love the neckline, the holster look, the wrinkle to the tee. The only thing I don't love is the fit of the pant they need to tapper more or come longer right now they look like high water pants, and no one wants that.
Team Joshua: Anya's dress won Joshua a challenge, it's cute, I like the dress and I would wear this dress but I do feel like she has done this look over and over again. Joshua did the middle look. It does look athletic but the vest is weird, and since he didn't make the print which is the only cool thing there, I think he got more credit then he deserved. Becky did this last look. That top is pretty bad. The skirt is pretty bad. That's about all I have to say here. I think Becky has skills to design and sew, and I think it was a bit of a shame she was treated so rudely by Joshua. At least he apologized.

So what are your thoughts? Do you like the return of Joshua? Did you thing the double win was fair? Are you getting sick of the grey as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment