Friday, May 13, 2011

Life Is Beautiful!

 The weather has turned simply beautiful here. My anxious children scampered outside to play with the bubbles that have been calling their name. There is something magical about kids blowing bubbles and drawing chalk pictures on the sidewalk. It's the first sign of what is to come all summer long and it reminds me how life is beautiful! Which is why when I saw THIS POST over on icandy I just knew I had to make that into a top.
 The top was super easy to make, and it completed my KCWC. Blowing bubbles enjoying the sunshine was an added bonus. 
Want to make one yourself? Let's get started:



 First things first I used another basic tank as my top then I grabbed some denim iron on patches. They are used to mend denim, and while they do a great job at that, I had a bunch laying around and since they iron on it was perfect to use here too. I simply cut out an elephant shape and ear. Then on a piece of paper I used a heat transfer pencil (found at any craft store) and wrote my words backwards (mirror image) I did this by printing them as a mirror image on another piece of paper then tracing it. Regular paper works just fine.
 Then Iron the denim patch elephant on to the top.
 Next iron the words on writing side down leave the iron on the paper for a good 20 seconds or so. Don't burn anything but it takes a lot of heat to transfer.

Then I took embroidery floss and stitched the words.

 And around the elephant. I also added a rose button to add a little girly element to the elephant.
 That's it a new top with a friendly reminder that Life is Beautiful!
 And that summers are meant to be enjoyed...
Even if your daughter does flash you a scowl instead of a smile when you ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment