Wednesday, March 28, 2012

{New Pattern} Maxwell Top for Boys

 I have been working on some new patterns! (whoop whoop) I started designing my summer patterns with one thing in mind. BOYS! Why? Because I love that Jude loves tee shirts, sure. But sewing for boys can be fun, and it doesn't have to just be tee shirts. (even though I don't blame him I am a tee shirt person myself) So I reworked a basic button down and added an urban twist with military influences.
The Maxwell Top Pattern is available HERE
 An oversized button tab was a fun pop of interest. (see boy details can be fun)
The pockets with flaps add that perfect military pop.
 The back has an accent yoke that adds a certain something to the back of the shirt. (for this one I split the yoke in two and cut the seersucker on the bias so it would have a chevron pattern)
 I have made Jude a few of the shirts since, but I have to say I think the linen one is my favorite, it lays so nicely and has a great texture to it.
 Jude's favorite? This black one. I think the color and front pockets remind me of a bowling shirt, but the stretch poplin does make it very soft and comfortable which is likely why it is Jude's favorite. I made this one without the button tab, as another option, and I added buttons to the pocket flaps.
 The way the shirt lays is still nice even with the heavier fabric, and I do like the unexpected color of black for a little boy.
My favorite detail really is the buffalo check for the back yoke that I cut on the bias for interest. I love the details of the shirt the most. Proving sewing for boys can be fun and hip.

The pattern is available in the shop HERE and it is available in sizes 12m-5T 


Looking to stock up? We just added Pattern Bundle prices!
Buy 2 patterns for $12  Use the code: BUY2
Buy 3 patterns for $15  Use the code: BUY3
Buy 4 Patterns for $20  Use the code: BUY4
Buy 5 Patterns for $25  Use the code: BUY5

Codes can be used in BigCartel shop only

No comments:

Post a Comment