Monday, January 30, 2012

The Spring Collection {new Patterns}

A week (and a little more) of downtime isn't all bad. It did allow me time to finish up the edits from the patterns (Thank you pattern testers!) The Spring Line is officially complete! 

For the Spring time and to get spring on the brain I made nearly the entire collection from an assortment of linens. I LOVE linen. It is so great to work with comfortable, forgivable and breathable. Great for kids since it gives them a little more polished look without being over the top or uncomfortable.
Of course most other fabrics are plenty suitable as well.  


 First up is the Prudence Jacket. With a cute puffy short sleeve large floppy collar, and faux belted waist.
The Jacket is fully lined and could be reversible if you so desired. (I would just make the inside collar match the lining if you wanted it to be truly reversible) There is a snap closure, and in seam pockets to keep little hands warm, and treasures safe. I love the fullness of the jacket. The length is easy to customize for longer jackets or shorter lengths perfect for layering in the springtime. 
There are 2 patterns available 
 Next up is the Maggie Mae Tunic. Seriously one of my favorites! It has all of my favorite things, clean lines, pleats, pockets, color blocking and buttons!
 The sweet curved lines and color blocked body is cute and fun and so easy to mix and match with any combination of fabrics. I made two for Abbey. One in this mustard and teal linen (made in her current size) I love the big fabric covered buttons for the back and the fun bright colors.
 The other one I made her was actually the first one I made her, it's a touch big since I made it one size up but it's nice that she will grow into it, and still be wearing it when Spring actually arrives (ha!) This one was made with a slub linen and cotton. I just love the clean lines and modern feel to the tunic. The pattern also offers a dress length. It would make a great easter dress!
 A little something for boys! I have a few others in the works but seriously they will likely be for fall, for now though I have the Nowhere Man Pants!
Wonderfully basic pants. They can work for a boy or girl but they were designed with boys in mind. Flat front and elastic back make them easy to customize, they have a great relaxed fit to them. Optional belt loops that are extra wide. Two front pockets and two large back pockets. The front pockets can have a different color for the lining for an added detail. Top stitching adds interest to the pants. Jude wears them everyday he can. Both the green linen and his super hero pants (made from this pattern)


 Next up is the Sadie Tunic. This one almost got scrapped. When I started the Spring collection I made 8 designs. Some got scrapped right away, some were just too complicated (as in if I can barely figure out how to make is I certainly can't tell someone else how to make it) Some just don't "inspire" me enough. Sounds weird. Well this one was one of those, I liked it but I didn't love it. Then I remembered the Penny Lane dress. I am still in LOVE with the button shoulder, so with a little edit the pattern finally made me happy. Out of the scrap bin, and wouldn't you know it's my husbands favorite top, to think it almost got passed up.
I call it the "art smock style A-line" It has a cute A line shape but the tunic stays very simple in style. A pop of buttons at the shoulders and some sweet welt pockets for treasures. The tunic is nicely loose fitting so it is comfortable to wear and just a fun little style. 
Availble here:
 Last but not least some girly little slim cut pants.
(shown Abbey is wearing the 2T when I made her 3T later but I didn't change the pictures out so they are a touch short on her)
These are some darling little pants flat front and elastic back. 4 pockets and a little button flap at the ankle. They can also be made without the button flap for just a regular leg pant. The leg is a slim leg, like a skinny but not uncomfortably tight like a "jegging". They can be perfect with most any fabric but something with a touch or stretch would be the most comfortables. Shown is denim without stretch, but stretch would make them be a tad more comfortable and gives a little more wiggle room, although I would not recommend making them from jersey or other knits, since they would likely be too large for something with that much stretch. Maybe go one size down if that is the case.




Oh and if make something from the pattern share it in our flickr group!
We would love to see your fabulous creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment