Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Felted flower belt

 I have a new favorite accessory for Abbey. You see the girl LOVES belts. I mean loves them. However a lot of her belts seem kind of uncomfortable. She doesn't seem to care she insists on wearing them anyway (sometimes more than one since that's how she rolls) So I decided to make her a bunch of soft and stretchy belts. My favorite thing to use? Stretchy headbands. Most of the adult ones fit around her waist nice and comfortably. My favorites are the ones with silicon on the inside since it helps the belt stay put. If a head band is too small for your use you can always make a band out of some nice stretchy knit, or dyed elastic. in any size you need.
For the spring line I have been working on I am obsessed with a punch of floral so I made tons of these flower belts in a bunch of colors so she has one for any outfit she wears.
Want to make some?


 To start you will need a rectangle of felt for the base. Circles cut out in different sizes (each one gets smaller) I used 3 for each flower. 2 leaf shapes I cut mine from the green linen scraps. Then 3 buttons.
 Start by placing your leaves on the base.
 Then layer on two flowers.
 Next sew around the leaves to secure them in place and sew X's through the flowers. Then you can add the last flower in place. and sew an X though that one as well.
 Next cut around the flowers and leaves removing the base that was showing.
Then sew or glue the flower to the headband. It is done and ready for wearing. 

The cute and fun way to add a pop to any outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment