Monday, January 2, 2012

JuneBug remix

Welcome to the new year! We enjoyed the best (two week) break. It was so nice to unplug and just soak up family time. Besides checking emails here and there I lived in a computer free zone, and it was a nice change up. Now I feel recharged and ready for the new year. Plus I was spoiled rotten with crafting supplies, fabric store gift cards and even a silhouette for Christmas (I don't even know how I got so lucky.) so my fingers have been itching to get busy! Not to say that I haven't done anything during the break. I did draft, grade and upload 5 of the new spring patterns, and made a few things along the way. The first was this Junebug remix. Have you guys been following the project run and play blog? The fabulous (and mega talented) ladies over at simple simon&co have taken over the blog and they are about to launch season 3! We were seriously honored to take part of season one and watching season 2 was a blast! I can't wait to see what season 3 has in store, but another fun thing they are doing is a sew-along. (and competition) The first week starts now and the challenge for the week? A re-mix of the Junebug dress from Craftiness is not optional. When I saw the challenge in my inbox,(do you all get email updates from the blogs you follow? It's the best) I just knew that I had to participate. One darling dress! Two it was a perfect chance for me to try out a few of the style lines from one of my new patterns coming out. 3 the perfect project to work on, the day that my husband took the kids out for some quality time.

 It was also a great use of these wooden buttons I have been hoarding for awhile waiting for the perfect project. I also got to use up some linen scraps from another project. I love the linen and denim combo.
 For the bodice I followed Jess's awesome tutorial pretty much exact. The only thing I changed was adding a ruffle around the neckline before sewing the two layers together. I also added a cuff to the sleeve instead of elastic.
 Then I sewed several tiny little button holes for the little wooden buttons that I love.
 For the skirt I made a wide rectangle that was pleated in the front and back for fullness. I added in seam pockets in the skirt since every little girl needs some pockets. For the pockets I followed this tutorial. For the belt, one of my new favorite things there will be a tutorial later this week.
 The top is a great way to start off the new year since I am in love. It sealed the deal with one of my new patterns. I just love the shape.
 The ruffles around the neck make me smile since the colors are not the most girly colors, a little ruffle helps out.
Abbey loves the pockets. I am not sure she will wear something these days if she doesn't have a pocket. This girl seriously loves carrying things around with her. I love finding the treasures in her pockets at the end of the day.

See you back here for the first ever weekly link party!

No comments:

Post a Comment