Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Super Hero Frames


Remember when I picked out fabric for Jude's room? Well I guess he had a different idea for his room. After having a long discussion with him about how HE wanted his room, my "classic" look with blues and browns and tans went out the window and super heros came into play. I still wanted it to have a fun but "classic" look to the room and not super cartoony. So we picked out a slate blue for the walls, with white trim. Then we did a search online for "Vintage Batman Comics" ordering the actually copies would have cost 20 bucks a piece so I decided to just copy the images we liked to my desktop and open them in photoshop. I resized them so they were all about the same size and made them a higher resolution for printing. Then I sharpened them a little and boosted the colors. Lastly I printed them out so they were centered on the piece of paper and that way they look matted. 

Then I picked up some 2 dollar frames at Walmart (the cheapest ones I could find) They were pretty ugly with some crazy silver lining, so I just picked up a can of red spray paint and gave them a couple coats. 

Then I put the pictures in the frame and hung them on the wall.

I love the pop of red on the slate blue walls and the bright yellow and green from the comics are fun for a super hero loving boy and the whole project came in around 13 dollars (less than the price of one print)

            

Now there is one happy boy with his favorite super hero up on the wall. The rest of his room is coming along but there are some pretty big projects so it will take a little while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment