Monday, June 20, 2011

Hemp Vase (with a second life)



 My last box has officially been unpacked and the contents have all found a new and comfortable home. It feel so good to be out of boxes and settled, and with kids I think it helps them adjust to their new home so much easier. (although they may be happier then we are to be in the new place :) I am getting my new sewing/craft area all set up and my fingers are itching to get going, but for today I thought I would share the hemp vase I made way back when. In our new place it got a new look. I loved the look of the twigs, my husband however was tired of the dead sticks as he said. So instead of retiring my favorite vase, I picked some of the lovely roses from our new front yard and added them to the vase.
 I love the bright "pop" of color with the raw natural look of the hemp.
It pretty much brightens my whole day. The best thing about moving I think is finding new ways to use all of your old things. Now I have 6 gallons of paint calling my name (yep 6 gallons) Won't it be nice to have a few for the home projects scattered here and there? (I have a list a mile long) See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment