Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tabby Pocket Shorts {boys summer collection}

 Jude is finishing up school this week, which has been a little busier than I thought so there wasn't a tutorial yesterday, and with summer here things may get a little spotty, but we will still finish up the boy's summer collection. Today is one of my favorite pieces. (ok I say that a lot) I just love a good pair of shorts.
 This pair (even though the back welt pocket didn't turn out as I was hoping) I didn't make a tutorial for... because they are these pants only I cut them off at the knee and made them into shorts. (I also did not make the leg as skinny for the shorts) It was the best way to turn a pants pattern I loved into shorts that I also love.
 I used a baby blue cotton with white and yellow accents which make for slightly unexpected, yet super comfortable boys shorts, that go with nearly every tee he has for summer (score)
I also made the cuff a little longer and the length a tad long so hopefully he will not outgrow them before the end of summer (as he has been known to do the darn kid :) SO that's it for today... but there are more fun projects still to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment