Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rock n' Roll Tote Bag

 Remember the Super Hero tote I made Jude? Well the totes were a 3 pack so I had fun making another tote. This time I used out another new product that Fashion Art Projects Sent me. It's called Zip Screens and they are awesome! I was so excited when they sent them to me to try!
 Simple and easy screen printing right at home. I have never done screen printing before so I was a little nervous, but Zip Screens make it sooooo easy. And you can use it over and over again which is awesome! The lines turn out crisp and clear. I also added some bling with Fashion Art Project iron on rhinestones.
 A little pleated detail up at the top added some feminine touch and the bag was a perfect gift for my soon to be sister in law.
So want to know how to make one?
 I started with my tote from fashion art project. They can be found at walmart in a three pack. Then I used painters tape to tape off some lines using the same technique I used on this tee.
 colored the lines in with the markers and then did the same to the other side so the lines go all around the bag.
 Next I grabbed the Zip Screen and special Zip Screen all in one paint and applicator. (can also be found at walmart)
 Stick the Zip Screen sticky side down where you want the design.
 Then I used painters tape to tape around the edges incase of any paint run off.
 Then take the Zip Paint. With the tear side up press the paint to the bottom.
 Then with scissors cut the top off. Not cutting the plastic piece.
 Then with the paint side down slide from top to bottom applying some pressure to the underside so the paint comes out.
 Continue sliding downward until the whole screen is covered. Then scrap over the top to remove excess paint from the screen.
 Then pull up the screen and you will see your design. Wash the screen with soap and water and you can use it again and again.
 Then when the paint was dry I added the iron on rhinestones around the design. Then cover with a cloth and press with a hot iron to set the paint and the stones.
 Pretty little bling all in place.
 Then I took some black ribbon and pleated it across the top and then stitched it in place.
That's it a cute little tote with a rock n' roll twist.
There may even be a giveaway coming up later for you to win some Zip Screens and paint for your own use :)

For More Cool Products and DIY ideas check out Fashion Art Projects:

Website
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Pintrest

No comments:

Post a Comment