Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Contrast Pocket Tee {boys summer collection}

 Today is the first day of the Boys summer collection! I am starting out with the easiest project ever. It is almost too easy to share, I mean it is not rocket science, but maybe it will inspire you to take it on.
You see I saw this shirt:
From Zara, while there stuff is pretty reasonable really, a striped shirt is 9.90 and an added contrast pocket is 12.90. What? 3 bucks for a colored pocket? Well instead I went to my go-to tee shirt place Old Navy and I picked up a bunch of striped tees during one of their 5.00 sales and I used a 30% discount, so they were a steal, and I loved all the colors.
 Then I had a fun tee with a nice pop of color. Pants and Belt to be shared later. So on to the shirt.
 Start with a tee. It doesn't have to be stripes, it can be anything really.
 Now if you are like me, you save pockets when you remove them from a tee shirt. For example this red pocket that I saved from this Tee but, if you don't you can make a pocket by cutting out a rectangle folding in all the edges and sewing along the top edge to secure. So you have something like so.
 Then pin the pocket to the tee. I pin at each "point" so that the pocket doesn't stretch and warp as I sew. (you know since it is knit)

 Sew along the edge very close to the edge. I use a longer stitch then regular when sewing on a pocket, especially with knit.
 Also I sew a little triangle at the top corner of the pocket to add stability to the pocket.
 Then you are done with a fun new tee. So simple right?
Perfect for all the tree climbing adventures, you know boy stuff.
Tomorrow there will be another piece to the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment