Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sailboat Tee {boys summer collection}

 So let's continue with the boy's summer collection today. Another simple tee project. This one uses flocked vinyl again, since I am slightly addicted to the stuff. I thought I would mix it up a little and do some reverse applique with it as well. A fun and simple addition that adds a little pop.
 So I started by using my Silhouette machine to cut out a sailboat shape.
 Then I cut out a little scrap of fabric to place over the number.
 So that the fabric would also stick to the shirt I added some wonder under to the scrap.
 Then you will need a tee shirt.
 Then press the vinyl with the scrap in place behind the number.
 Then you have a nice little detail peeking behind the vinyl.
 Lastly I added some stitching to add some additional texture.
That's all there is to it. A fun little shirt with some added pop. This is where I would show you a picture of Jude wearing the shirt, but apparently I didn't take one... So we will just have to pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment