Monday, March 25, 2013

Sunshine&Submarines

 Well friends the Sun&Surf collection has come to an end. Thanks so much to all of you for the excitement and overwhelming response! We are already busy planning and dreaming our Back to School collection and all I can say is it's going to be good! So the patterns from the collection have been released in all of our own shops now, which means if you sadly missed out on the collection or were waiting to snag up just one or two patterns you can do that now. I thought I would blog about the two patterns I shared that are now in my shop. The Sunshine Dress is seriously one of my favorite dresses.
 Even though we have had a very snowy Winter and Spring (don't worry she was only standing in the cold for a few min.) The dress brings a certain amount of sunshine with it, and would make a perfect Easter Dress if you are like me and still haven't started them yet. (I still have time till the day of right?)
 Buttons down the back, big bubble skirt, and draw string hem are just the start of why I love this dress. 
I also love the curved bodice, pleated front and little peeks of trim. In case you are wondering I used a Mustard Linen for the bodice, because I love linen, and I pieced the skirt (the instructions include how to do that) I used a lightweight denim and cream colored shirting fabric, I love all the texture from the 3 different fabrics. You can find the Sunshine Dress HERE
You know I love sewing for my little guy. I kind of love the challenge of coming up with something "different" since boys styles don't seem to change as much as girls do. So with the Submarine Pullover I added lots of fun pockets, convertible sleeve and and extra large placket. Not only are extra large plackets a little easier to sew especially if it is your first, but it's a fun statement especially since you can use extra large buttons :)
 It has elastic at the waist but I have made Jude several now and skipped the elastic in a few and I love it just as much. The pockets are fun to mix and match, with this one I reversed the denim on the pocket, and added a rivet to the corner. It was a fun and easy thing to make it just a little more special.
 The sleeves can be worn up or down with button tabs that hold them in place and the hood is a cute detail that is fully lined so it adds a fun place to stick a pop of color, or a cool lining, like super heros, bicycles or animals, you know all the things boys love without having an entire shirt made out of it. (by the way he is also wear the #9 trousers in the pictures)

This pullover is made from a light weight denim, but I have also made this in linen (a favorite) and a shirting fabric, it can be made in nearly nay fabric, it could also be made in a sweatshirt material for a more traditional hoodie.
You can find the pattern HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment