Thursday, March 14, 2013

Maggie Mae {with a pocket}

 Today I re-released the Maggie Mae Tunic/Dress pattern. (Before you ask no I don't have a code for an upgrade on the pattern I simply put the two sizes together and reformatted the pattern to match my current standard no major changes) You can now buy one pattern and get all the sizes so that's cool 6m-10 years all in one. I thought it was high time to make Abbey a new Maggie Mae since I simply love them and she out grew her other ones. I fell in love all over again.
I used the same slub linen from Jo-anns that I used for the first one I ever made and it's really my favorite it has such great flow. You know how some fabrics can make or break a pattern? This one just always makes it awesome for me. Then for the accent fabric I used Simpatico Organic Pink and Golden Chevrons Yardage Cloud9 Organic Fabrics  I got it from my lovely sponsors Fat Quarter Shop a while back and it was just waiting for the perfect use. It was a match made in heaven.

 Then to be a little different I added a pocket on the chest (my new obsession is with small little pockets; you have been warned) Adding the pocket was really easy, I thought about making the curve go through the pocket to match up with the bodice but my sleep deprived brain thought a square would be best easiest.

 So I cut out a square, folded in the top and sides the folded up the bottom corners.
 Then I folded up the bottom little flap.

 I added some gold bias tape to the top and then double stitched the pocket in place.

 It's a fun accent and as I said I have become obsessed with little pockets.
 I will always love the Maggie Mae, Abbey likes them to they are so easy to wear she is comfortable and carefree and I smile every time I catch a glimpse of her in it.
So you can grab a copy of the pattern yourself in the shop now with all the sizes in one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment