Thursday, March 21, 2013

3 Months Old

 My dear sweet Penny is 3 months old today. The three months have both gone by in the blink of an eye and they have been some of the longest months of my life. Penny is a sweet little girl, with a smile that will melt your heart in an instant.
 She is my tiny little peanut, 3 months old and just now approaching 10 pounds. I appreciate her staying small, I feel like it is prolonging her squishy little baby stage. Like she knows that I needed this. She has brought a joy to our home and I simply love seeing how Jude and Abbey care for her.
 Having three kids hasn't been easy, some days its been downright hard. Meeting the needs of a school kid, a preschooler, and an infant can seem impossible when they all come at you at once. Finding the balance in life has been challenging, figuring out how to "do it all" is proving to be a difficult task. Like with most things the addition of something new means the subtraction of something old.
 In this case the new addition is far better than the things I have had to give up, like blogging late into the evenings, that time is now spent feeding and rocking a baby, stealing some cuddles, and then getting a little rest before I do it again and again every couple hours that follow. We are just finally getting on a nap schedule, which helps. Nap time means sewing time, and me time.
 The days are not perfect, the schedule is not yet consistent, and there are still plenty of moments where tears are shed, and breakdowns occur. (both mine and the kids) yet with all the colic, chaos and adjustments being made, 3 months in and I simply can't imagine or remember life without our dear sweet Penny.

 A little while back on a particularly challenging day a sweet package arrived in the mail. It was the type of mail that turns your whole day around. A pair of beautifully packaged, hand embroidered loveys. My lovely sponsor Dolce Dreams, sent me two loveys for little miss Penny. One with the ultra soft Minky backing with Penny lovingly hand embroidered in the middle. The other with the new Organic backing which is soft and cuddly and had a hand embroidered P in the center, clean and classy looking.
The loveys are soft, and sized perfectly for little babies to love. The little ribbons are easy for babies to hold on to. Nathalie delivers a perfect and gorgeous product. Her hand embroidery is perfection and makes the lovey a cherished belonging. She pairs fabrics together perfectly. I am absolutely in love with the loveys and I know Penny will love them forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment