Friday, August 24, 2012

Instagram Friday!

Welcome to Instagram Friday! A little glimpse into life beyond sewing and crafting. 

 Our latest Kiwi Crate came this past week, I can not say enough good things about Kiwi Crates We LOVE them, Jude especially looks forward to them every month and both kids love the activities. It keeps them happily entertained for an afternoon and always gives them something to play with for a long time. This month it was robots, they really move, and the kids had races all afternoon. They learn a lot while they play with them. Like I said, we LOVE Kiwi Crates

 I had a little meltdown and could not stand the heat, I almost shaved my head (Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite anyone?) Instead I pulled it back into a pony tail and chopped off a foot of hair. It feels nice. Especially since my hair drying time is much shorter, and that is good because it is too hot to be drying hair :)
 Abbey earned a trip to Toys R Us to "play with the toys" I told her she could pick out something small to take home. (small meaning a dollar) She spent 30 min convincing me that the calico critters are really small, and that she just HAD to have more. I have to admit they are really cute, and her please is my weakness...
 School started this week but Kindergarten just has assessment tests, so Jude went in for his (he will start real school on Tuesday) He did really well for the assessment, and I can't begin to tell you how excited I am for him to start school, it's been a LONG summer, fun, but LONG.
 I did a little sewing for the baby... more on this will come next month, with a free pattern and all.
 I was sick of looking at chipped polish on my toes so I gave myself likely the last self painted pedicure. Why is bending over a pregnant belly the hardest thing ever?
We (well I) have been struggling a lot with behavior issues lately from the little man of the house. You know the typical, not listening, seeing how much you can make your sister scream, not listening, talking back, and did I mention not listening? Well pregnant mom has umm... no patience left... Yep I start the day with a pretty short supply it seems and it is gone by 9:00 a.m most days. So we started a new plan with Jude. Each morning he writes a list of activities he would like to do when his Dad comes home from work. It helps improve his writing and reading skills to make the list. The list has to include a free thing, like going to the park and then it can include a cost activity as well. When his dad comes home we discuss his behavior for the day and decide together (with Jude) what activity he has earned if any for the day. He earned bowling last night. It is helping with his behavior, but I would say it is a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment