Friday, August 10, 2012

Back to school style inspiration





It's back to school time! Crazy right? Summer flew by way to fast (probably due to having morning sickness for half of it and bed rest for the other half) I had to double check my calendar to see that is was in fact time to send the Dude off to school. He starts Kindergarten in about a week. When getting kids ready to head off to school are clothes at the top of their list? I am all about finding a great deal so when old navy asked me to put together a post of
back to school clothing ideas from Old Navy, I was all about it. Old Navy is my go to place for the kids basics (the things I get to support the mommy made wardrobe) and some of their things are just too cute to pass up. The prices are great especially this time of year with all the back to school savings!

Let's start out with the boys. I love dressing Jude, and I love it even more if I can find him hip and stylish clothes without breaking the bank. So for the sport loving dude in your life you may try these fun looks for the sporty hippster look:
If the little Dude in your life is anything like Jude then it is super hero everything. So if you are hoping to dress your little guy in classy style with some super hero flare, look no further than Old Navy and their modern twist on super hero clothing. 

If Preppy Chic is more your thing, there are plenty a styles to be preppy and chic and still cool and all boy. 

 So how about the girls in your life? Abbey is still 2 years off from Kindergarten but putting together school age clothing for girls was still a lot of fun. With a girly girl it only made sense to start off with a dress. Layer a dress with leggings and a sweater and you can mix and match fun patterns and colors.
1: Girls Rosette Wrap-Front Chambray Dress
2: Girls Tulle-Flower Polka-Dot Cardi
3: Girls Cropped Leggings
4: Girls Fold-Over Slouchy Boots
5: Girls Printed Backpacks
 Do you have a pink lover? Abbey loves pink and while it is one of my least favorite colors, I think pink can still be work right. Especially when grounding it out with some nice neutrals like white and denim.
1: Girls Tulle-Flower Headband
2: Girls Printed-Ruffle Button Front Top
3: Girls Uniform Sweater Cardi
4: Girls Hello Kitty Backpacks
5: Girls Dark Wash Super Skinny Jean
6: Girls Glitter-Canvas Ballet Flats
Possibly the most fun trend is a fun pop of color. I love mixing colors and using them in unexpected ways.
1: Girls Double-Rosette Chiffon Headband
2: Girls Crew-Neck Applique Tees
3:  Girls Uniform Sweater Cardi
4: Girls Pop of Color Skinny Jeans
5: Girls Messenger Bag
6: Girls Faux-Leather Capri Sandals


Who are you getting ready to go back to school? Which style will they be sporting on the first day?


I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment