Monday, July 18, 2011

Toddler Bed Makeover (part two)

 Happy Monday to you! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! I spent mine finally finishing my daughters room. Let me just say this room has been the hardest to do. So many failed projects, so many sleepless nights,laying in bed thinking about how I could "fix" this room. It's silly right? My husband is so glad I am done so I can stop obsessing about a room my daughter literally only sleeps in, however I remember being a little girl and I loved my room being special, she will grow up in this room and since we are almost certain we will never move again this will likely be her room till she goes to college, so yes obsessive me was trying to find that perfect balance of a room that can grow with her (until she is old enough to decide what changes she wants) A room that is peaceful, but still playful. Her own little haven. So I have a few fun little projects to share with you over the next few days that I did for her room.I thought I would start with the bed...

I started with this lovely cars bed. We bought it for Jude slightly against my will, and back in October I shared a tutorial for how I turned this bed...
 Into this. It was easy and I loved how it turned out. Now that bed has been passed down to my daughter and I while I loved the houndstooth, it wasn't quite right for her new room, so I found a new fabric and turned it into this...
 This time I included the legs in the cover, it was either that or spray paint them and I went with covering them. The second time around was really just as easy as the first. The only thing I changed as experience taught me was instead of measuring and cutting a strip to cover the bottom of the curve, I just made the initial cover a little longer and then it was perfect. I also skipped the piping for this fabric.
Stretch the fabric tight as you sew it closed. (yes it is hand sewing but it goes fast and is really pretty simple) Mine was a little loose so I pulled it tight on the sides and added stitched it together, as you can see from the picture it blends in so it is barely noticeable. The perfect solution for the hand-me down boys bed in a very girly room.

I am linking up to some of these parties

No comments:

Post a Comment