Thursday, July 28, 2011

70's doorbell facelift

 Today I have kind of an odd project to share with you. In fact I feel fairly certain that none of you will have the doorbell that we have in this house. But maybe sharing this will inspire you to think out of the box and give something old new life. 
 You see we have this old 70's doorbell. Yeah it's sweet you are all jealous I know. You see my answer was simple replace it. Putting in a new doorbell can't be that hard. My husband loves it. I mean seriously loves it. We are talking old school bell chimes every time the doorbell rings.I have to admit I don't hate the sound, but the look? It's a little too 70's for me. So I thought I would give it a fresh look and help it to blend in a little. 
 So I took down the box and removed the old fabric. 
 I cut out a new piece of fabric something clean and simple. Then I spray painted the box with a nice coat of fresh grey. Then bells got a coat of white spray paint. 
 And now the doorbell fits in a little more. It looks as if it could actually belong in this decade.
And it no longer sticks out like a sore thumb. So if you have something that you want to get rid of think outside the box first maybe you can just revamp it a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment