Friday, September 13, 2013

Paperback Writer Cardigan {Fall Pattern Collection}

 Next up in my Fall "I'm bringing COMFY back" pattern line is the Paperback Writer Cardigan. I think this was the favorite in testing, and before you even ask YES a tween/woman's version is coming, and very soon! I am super excited about it because it is comfy and such a wardrobe staple for basically anyone. (likely even Men but I likely won't go there :) I love a good staple piece that works for boys and girls and nothing is more perfect than a cardigan.
 Earlier this summer when I was drafting the BBC Vest, I just knew then that I HAD to make a cardigan sweater with that roll collar. It is the perfect Grandpa Sweater, but you know in a hip and cool kind of way. For Jude (who by the way is wearing 100% momma made clothes the Nowhere Man Pants and an upcycled Tee using Blank Slates Vintage V-neck Pattern) I made his sweater from a thicker sweatshirt knit. It helps with the more masculine look to use a sturdy knit so it removes some of the loose drape. Plus its super warm and soft :)
 The pattern comes with pocket options which Jude understood as hand pockets, although I would say they are more of trinket holding pockets, he was sure to get his hands in there and keep them there.
 For Abbey I found the AMAZING knit at Girl Charlee It's a lightweight knit with great stretch and fantastic drape. I will say working with a thinner knit especially one that curls up is slightly more challenging especially if you are new to knits BUT I love the Cardigan in these lightweight knits they drape so perfectly and look great. Abbey is wearing hers with the lacey Madonna Ruffle Top, and I love them together :)
Both kids love their new comfy wear and I love seeing them in comfy knits! 
You can buy the pattern here: (click on the photo below) 

To find more amazing knits check out Girl Charlee


No comments:

Post a Comment