Thursday, September 12, 2013

I'm bringing comfy back.... {Fall 2013 Patterns}


 Well the day has finally arrived. The fall patterns are here! (well over the next few days anyway) I am so entirely in love with this Fall line up let me tell you, they have been some work BUT I have some fantastic testers (who made some to die for looks) and after months of work they are done! With a theme even...
"I'm bringing COMFY back" (totally sang JT's song the whole time I was sewing which is a change up from the usual Beatles songs I sing while sewing :)

My kids LOVE comfy cozy knits, and sweatpants, and loose easy comfy clothes. So it was about time that I gave them what they wanted but with some style thrown in. You know more style than an ordinary basic comfy item.

I was also lucky enough to team up with Girl Charlee for these patterns and I used knits from their amazing selection. (seriously they have a little of everything and I LOVE their knits!) so if you like what you see, it's from Girl Charlee. (totally rhymed and everything)

 First pattern hot off the presses and out today is one of my favorites of the bunch. The Madonna Ruffle Top. Seriously what's not to love about ruffles, and a comfy tee, and when they are put together they are heavenly.
 The tee has a cute and basic dolman sleeve, with optional sleeve cuff options if you want a more tapered short sleeve. It's fitted without being constricting, it's girly without being over the top crazy and the options and styles are pretty endless.
The 3/4 sleeve option is a ruffled and full and flowing sleeve that is perfect for going into fall. I loved playing the shape with the sleeve and adding something that was totally different than the short sleeve option. The full sleeves are topped off with a cuff that help bring it all in. 

 I love mixing and playing with the ruffles with different textures of knits, and colors.
I also made one with lace as the ruffles since lace also doesn't fray it was a perfect swap for the knit. I added a few extra layers for even more fullness and it's one of my favorite versions. (also worn with the Paperback Cardi due out tomorrow)

The Pattern for the Madonna Ruffle Top can be found here (click on the photo below)

The fabric used to make these lovely Madonna Ruffle Tops can all be found at Girl Charlee, along with a thousand other prints and styles ( I am already dreaming up a million more)

No comments:

Post a Comment