Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Baby Style {How to wear homemade}

I sew quite a bit (clearly) however I am also a sucker for cute clothes from the stores. (yep totally human) So I decided to start a new little series here on the blog:
How to wear homemade
I plan on sharing outfits, collections, or day to day styles of how we mix homemade items and store bought items together.
To start things off I made Penny a little collection. Baby Style. This collection is heavy on the homemade. Our lovely sponsor Simply Sweet Fabrics provided me with some super sweet fabrics. I just couldn't resist pairing them up and making a sweet little collection for Penny.
I am loving the whole collection mixing and matching fabrics to make several pieces makes them all different but they go together which is great because you can buy 1 or 2 bottoms to go with some tops and you are set.
So first up I made the Pepper Pinafore.  I opted to skip the cami for Penny since I little baby back peaking out is cute, but come fall/winter I will throw a onesie under and call it good. I used Sweet Shoppe Calico Candies Big Check in Aqua for the top. (love that teal gingham) I paired it with the super sweet Little Red Riding Hood print, I am over the moon in love with this sweet print. The bold red buttons on the back make my heart sing. For the pockets I used a pink/red gingham for a fun play on color.  I paired the top with a pair of baby skinnies from Old Navy.
Next up I made an Apple LoungeWear top, (another sneak peek at a pattern coming out soon) The Apple LoungeWear is a pattern that started a year ago, was almost released back in the spring, got totally scrapped and re-designed, and now I am in love with it. A "sweatshirt" that works with knits or wovens. I am loving the Little Red Riding Hood print with the neck ribbing, and waist ribbing. It is comfy and cozy.
I returned to an all time favorite the Maggie Mae. First time making the sweet Maggie Mae for a baby, you know I love it just as much as I do for Abbey. I paired Floressence Floresta Cashmere, with the red/pink gingham. I love the sweet floral print that has a modern vibe with the gingham cut on the bias just to keep things interesting.

Lastly I turned to the Baby Basics pattern. Designed back before I had my own little baby. Not only has Penny been getting lots of wear out of all the pieces from the pattern I made way back when, but I made up a dress fresh just for her. (I did a collar re-mix tutorial coming soon) I went with just the red/pink gingham, playing with directions and adding piping to break it up. I love the curved bodice on the dress, and the sweet little puff sleeve.

So that wraps up this Baby Style.
Special Thanks to Simply Sweet Fabric they have the sweetest fabrics, super fast shipping, and great pricing.


No comments:

Post a Comment