Thursday, April 12, 2012

Every Little Thing all ruffled up

 So you should know by now that I like to use one pattern in several little ways to come up with new looks. So when I was playing around with the new summer patterns I did a little re-mix of the every little thing dress/tunic pattern.

 The every little thing tunic is one of my favorites. I love the simplicity and I am not even kidding when I say Abbey's summer closet is typically loaded with these in several different colors. I decided to add a little extra flair to one and give it a ruffled bodice and full skirt. (super easy to do.)

Using the Every Little Thing dress/tunic Pattern I made the following changes:

 Cut one front bodice (on the fold) at the size for the pattern. This one will be the lining. Then cut the second one (the outside piece) about 2 inches in from the folded edge. For the back I cut them all at regular size.

I used the Groovy in Olive by Heather Bailey for the fabric LOVE it!

 Next sew a basting stitch along the front and bottom of the front bodice (the black dotted line)

 Then pull to gather the stitches.

 Then follow the pattern instructions to sew the bodice lining to the bodice.
 Then you have a bodice with a lovely little ruffled front.

 Follow the rest of the instructions to finish, but I did double the width of the skirt so that it was nice and full.
I also added buttons at the neckline and a pompom flower pin for an added detail.

 That's all there is to it. Simple, fast and lovely.

 Abbey is loving her new summer wardrobe

Well I think we are all just loving that it is warm enough to wear summer clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment