Monday, April 30, 2012

DIY Name Charms {and other Mother's Day ideas}

 May is nearly here! What? I know! Are you all freaking out like I am? Where is this year going? I need to find a way to slow time down... (and then make my kids stop growing) So with May here Mother's day is just around the corner. I thought it was time for some gift ideas. Lets start with a simple and quick name charm. They are great for necklaces or bracelets, or key rings, you name it a great little reminder of the joys that make you a mother. right?

To start I found these little charms that had a rim around the edge. I found them in the bead section of the craft store.

 Then I measured the circle and printed and then cut out little circles with my kids names on them. (a circle punch would work great)
 Next put a drop of glue in the center of the charms.
 Stick the circles in place so that the names are inline with the side loops. Then I used Mod Podge Dimensional Magic. This stuff is awesome! Found at the craft store by all the glue.
 Simply fill the base of the charms to the rim. (careful not to go over the rim)
 See the bubble? Sweet right? Let it dry for several hours or overnight.
 Then you have your charms. Which paired up with some other beads can make a great necklace.
Of course you could use pictures, dates of important events, or anything else that strikes your fancy for a quick and easy Mother's Day gift. 
Need some more ideas? Check out the fantastic things our sponsors have to offer:



No comments:

Post a Comment