Monday, October 22, 2012

The Perfect Nursing Top {Belly+Baby wrap up}

 Last month as you know the fabulous Kate of See Kate Sew and Jess of CINO and myself (all expecting baby girls in a few weeks) put together a Belly+Baby Series. Then we got to the last day of the series and didn't post. I blame it on the pregnancy :) We were all planning on doing a pattern review of Megan Nielsen Patterns since she has some awesome maternity patterns. Well that day has finally arrived! Along with a little wrap up of the Belly+Baby goodness from the series. So I made the Perfect Nursing Top which ideally would work during pregnancy as well, only being in my last few weeks it doesn't fit over this big round belly without pulling kind of weird. So my lovely little mannequin is showing it off today... sorry.
 So I LOVE the pattern it was super easy to follow, easy to cut out and to sew. It is made from comfy knit and I made the band at the waist contrast to match the "modesty panel" It offered a fun little pop. The striped knit is actually a knit my husband bought me (yes I send him fabric shopping when he visits fun cities) I have been hoarding this super comfy stripe using it here and there like on some baby legging in fact so baby girl and I could match even :) There are pleats in the front which I think are super flattering especially after baby. If I were to make another one in my pregnant stage I would switch the pleats for gathers so it would lay a little better over a big round belly, but for a nursing top hiding a post baby belly I love the look of the pleats.
The front cross over design folds down to allow for nursing. Which I love. I am sure I will make a dozen more of these tops especially if this little girl is more like her sister when it comes to her nursing and less like her brother :) 

To see what Jess and Kate made hop on over and check it out (just click on the picture)



To see other Belly+Baby projects check them out here:


No comments:

Post a Comment