Friday, September 28, 2012

Instagram Friday (and some things to come)

Welcome to instagram friday!
A little glimpse into life beyond sewing... (the little that is left :)
This week was one of those weeks, you know the ones where you accomplish 1/3 of your to-do list. Yeah... I am hoping to somehow finish the other 2/3 today (never going to happen) Why?

 Because my husband was "home all week" so we decided to tackle a basement project that has been on our minds for about a year now. Board and Batten. I love how it is going and I will share more about all the details later incase you are dreaming of doing the same thing, but man oh man it is tedious and a time sucker...
 Jude is still happily going to Kindergarten everyday which is night and day from the daily struggle to get him to go to preschool. Maybe the daily wall jump and the walk to school is what gets him in the mood?

 We attended a wedding, as a family even and got a shot of all of us together. Why are these moments so rare? The wedding was beautiful, tucked away up in the mountains and yes they had I fire burning in the fireplace even (I was roasting but everyone else was chilly... I blame the bump :)
 On the way to the wedding we even saw some pretty fall colors. Makes me think it could actually be that time of year, cause it is, but I miss my cool midwest weather... (note we did actually get a "cool down" with a storm and we now have mornings in the high 60's it's delightful until it gets back into the 80's)
Speaking of a fall cool down, remember I said there was a sewing project tutorial in the works... you know cause I do still sew some times, here is a sneak peek of what I guess will happen next week (it was part of the 2/3 that did not get done)
Along with some exciting pattern releases... if you follow along on facebook then you know what goodness is soon to come out!


And lastly, we are guest posting on Kiwi Crate Blog again today! We love them, and today you will find me sharing a fun craft for kids, Recycled Jet Packs. They had so much fun creating this! So come check it out!

Whew! I think that's it. Now off to work on the uncompleted projects :)

No comments:

Post a Comment