Friday, April 5, 2013

Project Run&Play week 2 {Chevron Challenge}

Week two is here! Week two for project run&play was the chevron challenge. We were given 2 yards of our choice in color of the chevron fabric from Riley Blake. I decided on the navy, figuring it was a good "basic" color that could easily be used for any design. I designed and made two looks before this one. (I may share them someday) I started with pants, they were a bit wild, then I made a top, and it just didn't wow me. Then I was nearly out of fabric and knew I had to make the last one count. :) Plan C came through for me. Good old faithful plan C. I decided I needed to focus on the things that I love and that the design would come together.
So I went with a color blocked skirt that I pieced together using coral and sea foam green cotton. I went with a really full gathered skirt so it was fun and girly.

The top has a circle neckline with a button closure int he back and is all trimmed out with bias tape I made with the same fabric from the skirt.
The back is split down the back so it is easy to get on and off, and I matched up the chevron print so it looks like one piece, which also over laps so you don't get a gapping back. The dress can be worn by itself for a perfect everyday dress.
I also made a navy petti skirt out of tulle to add a fancy flair. My daughter loves to feel like a princess these days and fun fluffy skirt did just the trick.

The skirt had twirl-abilty and that made for a fun dress for this little girl who could not stop twirling all about.
 Abbey was simply in love with her new dress, and I loved the play with the circle neck line, chevron bodice, and striped skirt. It had a geometric flair in its subtle way and that sums up my design quite well.
So head on over to Project Run&Play and cast your vote for this weeks looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment