Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Faux Gold Leaf with Duck Tape® {How-To}

This post brought to you by Duck Brand®. All opinions are 100% mine.

I recently teamed up with Duck® Brand and their Duck® the halls challenge. They sent me a box loaded with Duck Tape®  and the challenge was to use it in a creative way. 

Enter the white elephant gift we were so lucky to recieve last year... (yes last year I liked it enough to hold on to it :) My Husband loved this little guy, he thought it was awesome and he knew we could turn it into something great. However a year went by, and we couldn't quite figure out what we wanted to do with the Paper Mache deer. (with broken antler) 

Then I got the box full of goodies from Duck® Brand and even though they have tons of fun prints, bright colors and darling tape... the shiny Gold was calling out to me. I looked at the gold, I looked at the deer and I realized it was fate. The tape would not only fix his poor broken antler but it would look like it was gold leafed... only much cheaper :)

Then simply tearing off small pieces of Duck® Brand gold tape I smoothed it onto the deer. I wrapped carefully around the antlers and used the tape to secure the antler and of course make him gold and shiny. In about an hour I was done with the whole thing. 

Then the little deer that was once sad and pink and sponge painted was gold and shiny and a perfect addition for our Christmas decor. I love how easy it was to do and I think you could easily use Duck® Brand gold tape to make any object look like it has gold leaf on it.  I can't wait to use the other more colorful tape to add some fun wrapping to all the boxes I am sending out to family this holiday season. They are great and what a fun way to make a boring brown box look cute!

I highly reccomend checking out Duck® Brand Tape and

Visit Duck® Brand on Facebook and "like" their page for more great crafting ideas!

Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment