Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hey June, It's June! Pattern Tour

 Guess what? Today is the kick off of the Hey June! It's June! Tour! What's that? You say, well... The lovely and talented and mighty hilarious Adrianna from Craterhours and Hey June, released another fabulous pattern. You may recall I am a fan of her awesome patterns and have made them Here and Here (and a million more not-blogged but often worn times) Her patterns are awesome, so well written and detailed, I just love them. Her style is always this awesome mix of clean modern looks and vintage feminine charm.
 The Edelweiss is no exception. It's both modern and vintage, and clean and frilly and it can be customized in so many different ways. For this one, I made the top version. (it can also be a dress) I made a size 3T for Abbey since she is pretty thin, and I should have added some length perhaps (I didn't) I wasn't really thinking about it even though the pattern suggests that you think about it since I made a smaller size for her chest, I should have added more length for her height.  For now, it's perfect (especially with shorts) and that's all the matters.
 I also made the pieced bodice version, since it's fun to add a little pop of color or detail so why not. I love the denim and the ruffles and the sweet butterfly print (Hello Pilgrim by Lizzy House which I have been hoarding) I love the way it all came together.
 Abbey loved it too, she was all giddy and happy when I was making it... then she got sick before we photographed it and well, she just stayed sick, so we took the pictures anyway, just with a little less glee. She did ask if she could sleep in the shirt, which means one of two things; one that she was feeling so under the weather that she didn't want to change she just wanted to go to bed, or two that she loved it so much she wanted to wear it forever. I am going to imagine it was the latter, even though it probably wasn't.
So are you in love the the Edelweiss? Who am I kidding of course you love it, and you want one, so here is where to find one
Check out Hey June and follow along over at Crafterhours for more Hey June! It's June pattern tour. (because then you can see everyone else's awesomeness as well)


No comments:

Post a Comment