Thursday, October 11, 2012

A little bow pants

 Are you sewing up a storm? I am, productivity around here has been crazy! I will be sharing KCWC forever! Ok not forever but I have been doing some serious fall wardrobe building around here. These kids were in need of fall clothes (new baby included) Abbey needed some new pants. Call me crazy but I kind of love little black pants on girls. I did decide to add a girly touch (in not so girly fabric)
 A cute little faux belt with a bow. A simple addition to any pants. You could add this to a pants pattern like the Lovely Rita's or even Nowhere Man Pants (totally suitable for a girl) For this pair I actually drafted up a quick pattern and made the pants about the same way I did these pants Only I added a faux fly, and I made the waistband taller.
 Now for the faux belt, I just added the detail to the front since the back would have elastic and I didn't want it to be too thick that it wouldn't gather nicely. (this girl has no but so she needs tight elastic in the back to hold her pants up or we get a lot of crack during the day) So, to add the detail, I sewed a strip to the front waistband sewing along the top and bottom. Then I sewed on a little bow, which was two ovals sewn together then turned right side out and gathered in the middle with a little strip. Simple and easy. Then I sewed the front and back pants together turned the waistband in and finished the pants. See easy to add to any of your favorite go to pants pattern all you need is a waistband.
A happy model would be nice too, but you can't win everyday I guess. She was upset because we went to the park to take pictures (and play) only when we got there she decided to inform me that she had to go potty, the park bathroom, closed. So back home we went. She was not pleased. Gotta love life like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment