Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tea Party Tee

So yesterday I shared the Raglan top and today is the next top made from the same shirt and 1/2 yard of fabric. The Tea Party Tee. The tee got it's name from the fun whimsical applique. I cut it out of some Ikea fabric I got from the as is section. It has a bunch of animals all driving around in crazy cute little cars. This one is a cat (my daughter's favorite animal) driving in a tea cup, we assume she is on her way to a tea party. 
Once again I used the instructions from this old post to make the raglan sleeve. For this top I used the body of the old shirt to make the new body and I used the knit print to make the sleeves. I did them short sleeves since the other top was long sleeves. Assemble the shirt the same as the other.
Then I cut out the fun graphic and ironed some fusible interfacing to the back to make it stiffer. Then I did a satin stitch around the entire edge (satin stitch is a zig-zag stitch with a short stitch length) Then I used some embroidery floss to accent a few flowers and the heart. I also added a button in the middle. Sometimes it's all about the little details. 
Then that's it. A simple new raglan tee, perfect for tea parties....
Or bike rides

No comments:

Post a Comment