Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall Fleece Jacket

 Good morning to you all. Sorry I don't have a sewing lesson today. We are still playing catch up today around the house. (sometimes that seems never ending) I do however have a question for you. You see I am determined to make my kids (yes both of them) winter coats this year. The ones I like are always really expensive so I thought I would try my hand at my own design this year. I started with a practice round. I whipped up this jacket in some fleece I had laying around.
 While I actually like the way it turned out (for a fall jacket) I learned a lot of tweaking I need to do for the next go around. Likely one more "tester" before the real thing... why? A girl can never have to many jackets right? Actually it's only because the wool I want to use is rather pricey so I want to make sure I get it just right before I cut up the expensive wool.
 My question is... I didn't take pictures along the way for this one...however I have the pattern and would not mind making another one... If there are enough people interested in making this jacket I will go ahead and share it. Also I would share the pattern if interested.
 The pattern would be available in size 2T but I am willing to scale the pattern to different sizes if people are interested... however I would likely sell it if that's the case since it's a bit of work. (pants are made here if interested)
We have ventured into a new "fake melt down" stage... I personally laugh when I see the dramatic hand on the hip rub the eye and the "boo-hoo" Yes she says boo-hoo... it's funny. See you tomorrow with a guest post... (the lessons will return next week I guess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment